Director, Care Practices & Standards | Full Time | SE Calgary, AB
Do you go to work inspired and ready to make a difference?
90% of AgeCare staff said “Yes”
Since our inception in 1998, AgeCare has been dedicated to creating vibrant communities that celebrate and support aging with dignity, independence and community interaction for the elderly. AgeCare is also committed to making our organization the “Best Place to Work”! Our employees are among the most happy and fulfilled anywhere, with 84% reporting high levels of job satisfaction and enjoyment.
The Director, Care Practices & Standards is a key senior leadership position responsible for providing effective leadership for all Care Services within AgeCare. Reporting to the Vice President, Care Services, the Director is responsible to ensure AgeCare’s Continuing Care communities meet or exceed all Continuing Care Health Service Standards (CCHSS), Accreditation Canada Standards, and Infection Prevention & Control (IP&C) Standards in support of AgeCare’s Mission, Vision, and Guiding Principles. The Director provides exemplary clinical leadership and support to all AgeCare facilities and the various care models including: Supportive Living (SL), Supportive Living Dementia (SL4D), Long-Term Care (LTC), Private Assisted Living (PAL), Respite Care (RC), Adult Day Programs (ADP), and Independent Living (IL).
Working with the Care Leadership on the sites, the Director supports the development of strong, effective care teams and ensures the promotion and delivery of safe, quality resident-centered care to provide the best quality of life experience for each of AgeCare’s more than 2000 residents and clients.
Top talent, high standards
With 2,400+ employees across Canada, our team includes some of the best in the industry. You'll have the opportunity to apply your full education and experience and rise to your full potential.
A difference you can measure
We’re about improving the lives of those around us and making a difference, every day. You’ll build lasting relationships with team members and residents, learn their unique stories, and many will even feel like family.
Appreciation through and through
We don’t just employ our people — we celebrate them, we support them, and we recognize them for their amazing commitment to providing quality care and service. Your wow moments won’t go unnoticed.
About this Director, Care Practices & Standards Role:
What you’ll do:
- Ensures all AgeCare Continuing Care communities are providing exemplary resident-centered care through skilled, knowledgeable, responsible care teams throughout all of AgeCare’s care models.
- Leads transformational initiatives that support the organization’s goals in order to enhance quality clinical outcomes, improve resident safety, establish organization-wide leading practices, and improve the cost-effectiveness of care using effective change management and project management skills and methodology.
- As a member of AgeCare’s senior management team, helps to inform AgeCare’s strategic and operational planning activities related to clinical programming and services.
- Supports the development, implementation, and evaluation of leading practices in the Continuing Care Health Sector, including, but not limited to: Dementia Care, Fall Predication and Prevention, Therapeutic Recreation, Chronic Complex Care, Skin and Wound Care, Palliative Care, IP&C, Pharmacy & Therapeutics, InterRAI Assessment, and resident outcomes.
- Accountable for the implementation, monitoring, compliance and evaluation of CCHSS at the operations level, in collaboration with the Sites’ Care Leadership teams to ensure AgeCare meets or exceeds all CCHSS, and IP&C Standards.
- Develops and implements organization-wide approaches for effective care delivery systems, including policy and procedure development, implementation, and evaluation appropriate to the relevant resident population.
- Leads AgeCare’s Accreditation team responsible for the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of Accreditation Canada Standards and Required Operating Practices (ROPs).
- Supports care workforce management.
What you’ll need:
- Master of Nursing or Business Administration or other related field preferred. Bachelor of Nursing, with current CARNA registration or eligible for CARNA registration or a Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing registered with the Provincial College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses required.
- Minimum of five (5) years senior management experience in a complex health care environment, preferably with an exposure to the continuing care sector.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a comfort in interacting with residents, families, and care and support services staff.
- Possesses leadership and management skills to ensure the development and promotion of effective and efficient clinical leadership.
- Possesses a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and personal commitment to excellence in care.
- A sound understanding of all relevant Legislation, Standards and Acts, e.g., Regional Service Delivery Standards, Nursing Home Act, FOIP, PIPEDA, Ethics, HIA, HPA, Professional Standards of Practice, and PPCA.
Perks & Benefits
- Job variety, no two days will be the same
- Amazing residents with rich life stories
- Being part of a growing organization focused on residents and employee engagement
Send us your cover letter and resume and don’t forget to tell us about yourself, and what your salary expectations are. We want to get to know you — what you’re passionate about, who inspires you and why you’d be an awesome fit for AgeCare?
We want to hear from you if you are a talented and motivated individual and embrace our guiding principles of:
- Trust: We act with integrity and fairness
- Respect: We treat everyone with dignity and kindness
- Quality: We relentlessly pursue excellence in care and service
- Teamwork: We uplift each other with positive energy and support
NOTE: In an effort to further protect our vulnerable residents as well as other employees and volunteers, AgeCare requires all new employees to produce a clear Vulnerable Record Search prior to starting work. This search can be obtained through your local police service.