Housekeeping Aide Casual | Glenmore SW Calgary, AB
AgeCare — Vibrant Seniors Communities
We’re founded on the belief that all seniors are entitled to a rich quality of life, with the opportunity to live as independently as possible, and we’re looking for the very best to join us. If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, keep reading.
Top talent, high standards
With 2,400+ employees across Canada, our team includes some of the best in the industry. You’ll help support and empower our teams with innovative ideas and efficient service.
A difference you can measure
We’re about improving the lives of those around us and making a difference, every day. You’ll build lasting relationships with team members in support of our residents.
Appreciation through and through
We don’t just employ our people — we celebrate them, we support them, and we recognize them for their amazing commitment all year long. Your wow moments won’t go unnoticed.
About this casual position:
What you’ll do:
- Completes routine cleaning duties as assigned including, but not limited to, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, and disinfecting of resident suites, restrooms, showers, nursing stations, lounges, offices and other areas as assigned.
- Dusts, cleans and polishes furniture, cabinets, lamps/light fixtures, wall vents, handrails, baseboards, blinds etc. in resident suites, public areas and offices as assigned
- Cleans windows and spot washes walls per routine task checklist
- Removes & disposes of trash from suites, public areas and offices
- Completes duty check list on a daily basis; answers all housekeeping pages
- Maintains equipment by following proper operating instructions, proper cleaning instructions and storing properly
- Maintains appropriate inventory of resident supplies, public area supplies and replenishment of position specific supplies (e.g. toilet paper, cleaning products, hand towels, hand soap etc.)
What you’ll need:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. & have WHMIS training
- Must be fluent in English, both orally and in writing
- Experience with industrial vacuum, scrubber, floor polisher, etc. is preferred
- Must be flexible and adapt easily to changes in schedule & work assignments
Perks & Benefits
- A work location in the residential community of Glenmore
- Great residents with rich life stories
- Being part of a growing organization focused on residents and employee engagement
Send us your cover letter and resume clearly indicating your wage expectations and don’t forget to tell us about yourself . We want to get to know you — what you’re passionate about, who inspires you and why you’d be an awesome fit for AgeCare?
NOTE: In an effort to further protect our vulnerable residents as well as other employees and volunteers, AgeCare requires all new employees to produce a clear Vulnerable Record Search prior to starting work. This search can be obtained through your local police service.