Maintenance Technician ( back-up Delivery Driver ) AgeCare Seton & Albus, SE Calgary, AB
AgeCare — Vibrant Seniors Communities
We’re founded on the belief that all seniors are entitled to a rich quality of life, with the opportunity to live as independently as possible, and we’re looking for the very best to join us. If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, keep reading.
Top talent, high standards
With 2,400+ employees across Canada, our team includes some of the best in the industry. You’ll work alongside kind and caring people who will inspire you to put your best foot forward.
A difference you can measure
We’re about improving the lives of those around us and making a difference, every day. You’ll build lasting relationships with team members and residents, learn their unique stories, and many will even feel like family.
Appreciation through and through
We don’t just employ our people — we celebrate them, we support them, and we recognize them for their amazing commitment all year long. Your wow moments won’t go unnoticed.
About this Full Time position:
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that residents quality of life is enjoyable by ensuring that repairs and maintenance to the inside and outside of the building are performed in a timely manner
- Perform minor painting, drywall, plumbing, carpentry and other maintenance work
- Ensure that the outside of the building has a pleasant and safe curb appeal by performing snow and ice removal as well as gardening and landscaping
- When assigned as the back-up delivery driver - deliver commercial laundry and linens between the Albus facility to AgeCare communities in Calgary and Strathmore
- Responsible for the care and regular maintenance of Albus equipment including laundry machines, folder, and auto bagger as well as preventative maintenance of the building including HVAC systems
What you’ll need:
- Must have a positive attitude, be motivated and enjoy working around the elderly
- 3 to 5 years prior experience with painting and general maintenance work
- A Class 5 Power Engineer ticket is preferred
- Able to multi-task and remain flexible in tasks and hours of work
- Demonstrated competency with a 5 ton, 28 foot truck
- Clean Drivers Record (Class 5) and ability to provide abstract when requested
Perks & Benefits
- Happy, fulfilled team members working in a culture of caring
- Amazing residents with rich life stories
- Full benefits upon completion of probation
Send us your cover letter and resume and don’t forget to tell us about yourself. We want to get to know you — what you’re passionate about, who inspires you and why this casual position is an awesome fit for you.
NOTE: In an effort to further protect our vulnerable residents as well as other employees and volunteers, AgeCare requires all new employees to produce a clear Vulnerable Record Search prior to starting work. This search can be obtained through your local police service.