Adult Day Program
Enriching the lives of seniors living at home
We all benefit greatly from staying active, being intellectually stimulated and socially connected. AgeCare Sunrise Garden’s Adult Day Support Program provides health, social and recreational support for seniors and needed respite for caregivers.
The day program has really taken a lot of stress off my mind. My mom really wants to stay in her home and wants her independence, but without the day program she doesn’t go out unless we take her, and she has very little interaction with others.
Our Adult Day Program Offers:
- Holistic approach to encompass the needs of the client, family, and caregivers
Recreation and socialization programs such as trivia, reminiscing, crafts, movies, music, baking, gardening, current events discussions, board and card games
- Educational programs for you and your family
- Community Outings
- Fitness walks and exercises
- Hairdressing, by appointment
- Nutritious lunch and snacks prepared by professional food services staff under the guidance of a registered dietitian
- Access to Brooks and County transportation services
“When she got into the program, I could tell that she liked it. You can see that there’s been a lot of interaction between the people in the program and that she’s got friends there.
Location & Hours
AgeCare Sunrise Garden
1235 – 3rd Street West
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
10 am — 3 pm
~ Seniors Stay Active and Connected ~ Respite for Caregivers ~
How to Apply
For more information on how to join our Adult Day Program call 403-794-2111
- Admission to the program is through Alberta Health Services, Home Care.
- A referral is necessary to establish suitability for the program.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the client or family
$15 per day
- Partial funding is provided by Alberta Health Services, Home Care.
Fees do not include:
- Salon appointments
- Community outings