At some point in their lives, nearly half (46%) of Canadians have provided care to a family member or friend with aging needs, a disability, or a long-term health condition. In honour of National Caregivers we want to thank these dedicated caregivers across country. Is there someone in your life you wish to thank?
5 ways you can show you care on National Caregivers Day
- Let the person know you are always available to listen when they feel over-whelmed and need to talk.
- Do little things – they mean a lot. If you are going shopping phone and ask if you can pick something up for them.
- Give the caregiver a break, encourage them to look after themselves.
- Provide a change of scenery to that person, make it so easy for them to join in they can’t resist.
- Phone them, e-mail them, send a note – anything will matter to them.