Adult Day Program Assistant regular part time (0.58 FTE) | AgeCare Sunrise Gardens Brooks, AB
AgeCare — Vibrant Seniors Communities
We’re founded on the belief that all seniors are entitled to a rich quality of life, with the opportunity to live as independently as possible, and we’re looking for the very best to join us. If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, keep reading.
Top talent, high standards
With 3,100+ employees across Canada, our team includes some of the best in the industry. You’ll work alongside kind and caring people who will inspire you to put your best foot forward.
A difference you can measure
We’re about improving the lives of those around us and making a difference, every day. You’ll build lasting relationships with team members and residents, learn their unique stories, and many will even feel like family.
Appreciation through and through
We don’t just employ our people — we celebrate them, we support them, and we recognize them for their amazing commitment all year long. Your wow moments won’t go unnoticed.
About this part time position:
What you’ll do:
- As part of a team, participates in establishing goals for participants of the Adult Day Program (ADP)
- Provides, coordinates and facilitates activities that will enrich the lives of seniors and empower them to be as independent as possible
- Assists Community Seniors in their movement within the building, which may include assisting them to walk with or without mechanical aids
- Assists with daily living activities including feeding, handwashing & toileting
- Monitors community senior’s health, sharing and recording observations (such as weights and vital signs) as well as routine medication delivery assistance
What you’ll need:
- Completion of a recognized HCA Course and registered in the Health Care Aide Directory
- 1+ years of experience in a long term care/supportive living centre or related environment is preferred
- Must be fluent in English, both orally and in writing
- A high energy positive person who is able to build relationships
- Strong planning, follow up, time management & organizational skills
- Demonstrates a caring and empathetic attitude and approach in working with others
Perks & Benefits
- Happy, fulfilled team members working in a culture of caring
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Affordable meals prepared daily in our community kitchen
Send us your cover letter and resume and don’t forget to tell us about yourself. We want to get to know you — what you’re passionate about, who inspires you and why you’d be an awesome fit for our AgeCare Seton team.
NOTE: In an effort to further protect our vulnerable residents as well as other employees and volunteers, AgeCare requires all new employees to produce a clear Vulnerable Record Search prior to starting work. This search can be obtained through your local police service.