AgeCare now requires all new hire employees to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccination.
Reporting directly to the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Communications Advisor works collaboratively with corporate and site leadership to provide communications advice and support to AgeCare’s communities in British Columbia. They support these communities in the execution of internal and external communications and marketing plans and collaborate on local initiatives.
- Remote and In-Office at any of our BC communities located in:
- Vancouver Island (Victoria), or
- Metro Vancouver (Vancouver, Burnaby, Maple Ridge, New Westminster), or
- Interior BC (Kelowna, Lumby, Salmon Arm)
- Regions British Columbia, Travel Required
- Be a business partner with the site leadership in the region to identify areas of opportunity to drive brand awareness, occupancy, recruitment efforts, and revenue growth. Organize and conduct regular meetings with the site and regional leadership, including Human Resources, to better understand their communications and marketing needs.
- Remain abreast of all regional health authority and provincial mandates, orders, recommendations and procedures to ensure these are being accurately communicated at the site level.
- Capture on-site activities, events and initiatives (photographs and good news stories) that effectively describe and promote AgeCare’s initiatives, programs/services and increase brand awareness.
- Provide support and expertise to site leadership by designing, writing, and proofing internal and external communication pieces, ensuring they are on message and on-brand. This may include community updates, posters, letters, memos, videos, social media posts, etc.
- College or University degree in marketing, communication, journalism, public relations, or a related area.
- 3+ years in a communications role or similar experience.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing skills, including ability to present concepts verbally. Photography and video editing experience an asset.
- Experience using content managed websites, marketing automation/ mass email software, and social media marketing.
- Proficient in both Microsoft and online design tools (i.e. Canva) or Adobe products (i.e., InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.)