Care Services Manager BC Operations
AgeCare — Vibrant Seniors Communities
We’re founded on the belief that all seniors are entitled to a rich quality of life, with the opportunity to live as independently as possible, and we’re looking for the very best to join us. If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, keep reading:
The Care Services Manager is a key leadership position responsible for providing effective leadership for all Care Services within AgeCare, BC Operations. Reporting to the Regional Director BC Operations, the Care Services Manager is responsible to ensure AgeCare’s Continuing Care communities meet or exceed all Residential Care Regulations, Accreditation Canada Standards, and Infection Prevention & Control (IP&C) Standards in support of AgeCare’s Mission, Vision, and Guiding Principles. The Care Services Manager provides exemplary care leadership and support to all AgeCare BC LTC facilities.
Working with the Care Leadership on the sites, the Care Services Manager supports the development of strong, effective care teams and ensures the promotion and delivery of safe, quality resident-centered care to provide the best quality of life experience for each of AgeCare’s residents.
Top talent, high standards
With 3,100+ employees across Canada, our team includes some of the best in the industry. You'll have the opportunity to apply your full education and experience and rise to your full potential.
A difference you can measure
We’re about improving the lives of those around us and making a difference, every day. You’ll build lasting relationships with team members and residents, learn their unique stories, and many will even feel like family.
Appreciation through and through
We don’t just employ our people — we celebrate them, we support them, and we recognize them for their amazing commitment to providing quality care and service. Your wow moments won’t go unnoticed.
About this full time position:
What you’ll do:
- Ensures all AgeCare Continuing Care BC communities are providing exemplary person-centered care through skilled, knowledgeable, responsible care teams throughout all of AgeCare’s care models.
- Leads transformational initiatives that support the organization’s goals in order to enhance quality clinical outcomes, improve resident safety, establish organization-wide leading practices, and improve the cost-effectiveness of care using effective change management and project management skills and methodology.
- As a member of AgeCare’s leadership team, helps to inform AgeCare’s strategic and operational planning activities related to clinical programming and services
- Supports the development, implementation, and evaluation of leading practices in the Continuing Care Health Sector, including, but not limited to: Dementia Care, Fall Predication and Prevention, Therapeutic Recreation, Chronic Complex Care, Skin and Wound Care, Palliative Care, IP&C, Pharmacy & Therapeutics, InterRAI Assessment, and resident outcomes.
- Accountable for the implementation, monitoring, compliance and evaluation of Care Regulations at the operations level, in collaboration with the Sites’ Care Leadership teams to ensure AgeCare meets or exceeds all care standards and regulations, and IP&C Standards.
- Develops and implements organization-wide approaches for effective care delivery systems, including policy and procedure development, implementation, and evaluation appropriate to the relevant resident population
- Member of AgeCare’s Accreditation team responsible for the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of Accreditation Canada Standards and Required Operating Practices (ROPs).
- Supports care workforce management.
- Provides on-site Care Leadership in absence of the Director of Care.
- Will be required to travel to AgeCare BC sites.
What you’ll need:
- Master of Nursing or Business Administration or other related field preferred. Bachelor of Nursing, with current BCCMN registration or eligible for BCCMN registration or a Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing registered with the Provincial College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses required.
- Minimum of five (5) years management experience in a complex health care environment, preferably with an exposure to the continuing care sector.
- Demonstration of progressive leadership roles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a comfort in interacting with residents, families, and care and support services staff.
- Possesses leadership and management skills to ensure the development and promotion of effective and efficient Care Leadership.
- Possesses a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and personal commitment to excellence in care.
- A sound understanding of all relevant Legislation, Standards and Acts, e.g., Regional Service Delivery Standards, Nursing Home Act, FOIP, PIPEDA, Ethics, HIA, HPA, Professional Standards of Practice, and PPCA.
Perks & Benefits
- Job variety, no two days will be the same
- Amazing residents with rich life stories
- Competitive salary and benefits
Send us your cover letter and resume and don’t forget to tell us about yourself. We want to get to know you — what you’re passionate about, who inspires you and why you’d be an awesome fit for AgeCare?
NOTE: In an effort to further protect our vulnerable residents as well as other employees and volunteers, AgeCare requires all new employees to produce a clear Vulnerable Record Search prior to starting work. This search can be obtained through your local police service.