Shift (4pm to 730pm)
Under direct supervision of the Food Services Supervisor, the Dietary Aide is primarily responsible for duties related to (but not limited to) the serving of all menu items to our residents, assigned inventory maintenance and ensuring a sanitary environment.
• Performs meal service as required relating to beverage and meal service, plating of food, clearing and cleaning of dining rooms etc.
• Assists residents with menu selection as required and serves food and beverages to residents in designated areas
• Responsible for the setting, clearing, cleaning, and sanitizing of resident dining and service areas
• Collects and strips trays for dish washing
• Conveys residents’ complaints to Dietary Supervisor
• Sanitation of food delivery tools and equipment (eg. steam well etc.) with a clear focus on resident satisfaction is required.
• Performing other food related duties as required
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, SMART Serve is considered an asset
• Must be fluent in English, both orally and in writing
• At least 6 months of experience as a waiter/waitress in a dining environment
• Must be able to follow direction and have a willingness to learn
• Must be capable of routine work with minimal supervision.
• Must be motivated and consistently demonstrate AgeCare’s values
If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, come join us!