RN Director of Care temporary full time | AgeCare Walden Heights SE Calgary, AB
We are currently looking for a temporary Director of Care for our Walden Heights location to cover a 2 year leave of absence. The expected end date of this position is September 2022.
Within the scope of this position, the Director of Care plays a key leadership role to provide quality of care and an environment that promotes a culture of resident safety, freedom of harm and injury and exemplary service.
As a Regulated Professional, the Director of Care is responsible and accountable to the public for their standard of practice under the regulation of the professional body.
Top talent, high standards
With 2,400+ employees across Canada, our team includes some of the best in the industry. You'll have the opportunity to apply your full education and experience and rise to your full potential.
A difference you can measure
We’re about improving the lives of those around us and making a difference, every day. You’ll build lasting relationships with team members and residents, learn their unique stories, and many will even feel like family.
Appreciation through and through
We don’t just employ our people — we celebrate them, we support them, and we recognize them for their amazing commitment to providing quality care and service. Your wow moments won’t go unnoticed.
About this temporary Director of Care position:
What you’ll do:
- Accountable for managing AgeCare’s image, profile, and reputation in the community and with stakeholders
- Promotes an environment that demonstrates AgeCare’s guiding principles of Trust, Respect, Quality and Teamwork
- Encourages person-centered service delivery and care practices to enable resident, family and staff rights, individuality and diversity
- Works in conjunction with the General Manager, as a dyad partner, in the development, prioritization and implementation of the Community’s key performance indicators
- Responsible for efficient operations and ongoing performance management of the care team
What you’ll need:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with current active registration with CARNA
- 7+ years experience in a leadership role with demonstrated excellence in management, leadership, clinical judgement and interpersonal skills within the Alberta continuing care and seniors health sector preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a comfort in interacting with residents, families, and care and support services staff
- Possesses leadership and management skills to ensure the development and promotion of effective and efficient clinical leadership
- Possesses a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and personal commitment to excellence in care
Perks & Benefits
- Job variety, no two days will be the same
- Amazing residents with rich life stories
- Being part of a growing organization focused on residents and employee engagement
Send us your cover letter and resume and don’t forget to tell us about yourself, and what your salary expectations are. We want to get to know you — what you’re passionate about, who inspires you and why you’d be an awesome fit for AgeCare?
We want to hear from you if you are a talented and motivated individual and embrace our guiding principles of:
- Trust: We act with integrity and fairness
- Respect: We treat everyone with dignity and kindness
- Quality: We relentlessly pursue excellence in care and service
- Teamwork: We uplift each other with positive energy and support
NOTE: In an effort to further protect our vulnerable residents as well as other employees and volunteers, AgeCare requires all new employees to produce a clear Vulnerable Record Search prior to starting work. This search can be obtained through your local police service.