Director of Care AgeCare SkyPointe | NE Calgary, AB
AgeCare SkyPointe is a unique community that offers Supportive Living, Long Term Care, Dementia Care, Hospice and a complex Mental Health program.
The Director of Care (DOC) is responsible to the Vice President Care Services for management of the Resident Care Services within the facility. S/he ensures the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the overall operation of the Care Services in accordance with current regional and provincial health service standards, guidelines, regulations and legislation. As Director of Care, this role works within their practice statement, competencies and conduct as defined by the Health Professions Act or other relevant legislation and governing professional organizations to ensure that the highest standard of resident care is delivered and maintained at all times.
Top talent, high standards
With 2,400+ employees across Canada, our team includes some of the best in the industry. You’ll work alongside empowering people who share your commitment to strong leadership and quality care.
A difference you can measure
We’re about improving the lives of those around us and making a difference, every day. You’ll build lasting relationships with your team members and residents, learn their unique stories, and many will even feel like family.
Appreciation through and through
We don’t just employ our people — we celebrate them, we support them, and we recognize them for their amazing commitment all year long. Your wow moments won’t go unnoticed as you inspire your team to put their best foot forward.
About the Director of Care role:
What you’ll do:
- Plan, coordinate, delegate and evaluate all aspects of the provision of facility care services to the residents within the Provincial Continuing Care Health Service Standards
- Accountable for leadership that ensures and sustains an atmosphere of safe, quality resident and family centered care
- Collaborates with the General Manager to ensure quality of Food Services, Facility Management and Hospitality
- Responsible for the efficient operations and the ongoing performance management of the care team
- Supports outbreak management including implementing outbreak control strategies, authorize and deploy additional resources to manage the outbreak and support implementation of appropriate infection control measures
- Monitors and analyzes department safety and implementation of injury prevention measures
- Adheres to the AgeCare facility operational plan and annual budget
- Accountable for the planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, quality resident care & services
- Participates in care and safety audit processes, preparation and completes action plans
What you’ll need:
- Nursing degree with current active registration with CARNA
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a leadership role with demonstrated excellence in management, leadership, clinical judgement and interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable about current nursing and medical practices and procedures, laws, regulations, guidelines and standards as they relate to Long Term Care and Supportive Living environments
- Highly motivated, organized and creative in developing new and innovative approaches to continuing care
Perks & Benefits
- A work location in the residential community of SkyPointe
- Empowering Corporate Directors and Executives committed to your success
- Being part of a growing organization focused on residents and employee engagement
Send us your cover letter and resume and don’t forget to tell us about yourself. We want to get to know you — what you’re passionate about, who inspires you and why you’d be an awesome fit for AgeCare?
We thank all candidates who have previously applied, and your application remains on file.