The health and safety of our residents and employees is a priority for AgeCare. All employees are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccine upon hire.
As the Executive Director of this Seniors Care Community, this position is responsible for ensuring the design and delivery of all non-care related services that are provided to the highest standards and aligned with the AgeCare philosophy and values. The successful candidate will provide the stewardship to ensure the delivery of services reinforce a ‘homelike’ environment and creates a sense of community through resident engagement. The successful candidate has an intimate understanding of a customer service culture and the leadership skills to ensure the implementation of this culture through a highly engaged and motivated workforce.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in operations management inclusive of; food services, facility management, hospitality and marketing.
• As colleagues, works with the Director of Care in the development, prioritization and implementation of the Community’s business planning goals.
• Has direct accountability for the oversight of Food Services, Housekeeping, Laundry, Maintenance and Marketing.
• Identifies, evaluates and monitors all service continuity risks related to non-care. This includes, all housing and hospitality services inclusive of environmental and facility risks.
• Ensures the on-going evaluation of services through audits and surveys and identifies appropriate quality improvement initiatives.
• Provides contract management oversight and ensures service and compliance standards are met.
• Develops, reviews and monitors all non-care operating budgets and ensures the highest level of fiscal stewardship and innovation regarding the use of resources.
• Demonstrates and ensures a culture of safety for all residents, family, staff, volunteers and visitors.
• Inspires and fosters a collaborative team based on a culture of respect and inclusiveness and is aligned with AgeCare’s Mission, Vision and Values.
• Ensures the Community is prepared for all regulatory audits, inclusive of the Alberta Continuing Care and Accommodation Standards.
• Ensures that the Community is in compliance with all applicable regulatory legislation and codes.
• Post-Secondary Education in Business Administration or a related discipline is preferred although combined education / experience will be taken into consideration
• Minimum 5 years of management / leadership experience
• Strong business acumen and demonstrated budget accountability
• Strong ability to manage diversity of work force; resolve any conflict issues, and maintain
a harmonious working environment
• An ongoing focus on continuous improvement
• General knowledge and understanding of functional areas of responsibility
• Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills
• Good working knowledge of computers (Word, Excel and Outlook)