Financial Controller Temporary full time 12 months | AgeCare Walden Plaza SE Calgary, AB
AgeCare Corporate Office is currently recruiting for a temporary full time Financial Controller who is a team-oriented financial professional and thrives in a fast-paced customer-focused environment. Reporting to the Director Finance, the Financial Controller will apply strong leadership skills to the finance team and advanced financial expertise in fulfilling the role responsibility of producing, auditing and submitting timely, accurate financial statements and records.
Top talent, high standards
With 2,400+ employees across Canada, our team includes some of the best in the industry. You’ll work alongside committed and empowering people who will appreciate your innovative ideas and relationship building skills.
A difference you can measure
We’re about improving the lives of those around us and making a difference, every day. You’ll build lasting relationships with team members in support of our residents.
Appreciation through and through
We don’t just employ our people — we celebrate them, we support them, and we recognize them for their amazing commitment all year long. Your wow moments won’t go unnoticed as you put your best foot forward.
About this temporary full time position:
What you’ll do:
- Support the Assistant Controller and Manager, Payables in providing their teams with work oversight and performance leadership in a collaborative manner following the AgeCare Guiding Principles and Values
- Responsible for timely and accurate production of month end and year-end financial consolidation, analysis, and reconciliation
- Prepare, audit and deliver accurate and timely monthly financial reporting packages
- Act as a liaison with external auditors and support the completion of the annual audit
- Active coaching and development of the team as well as providing guidance to indirect reports on projects
- Provide direct and indirect support in the completion of the annual budget
- Work with the Director, Finance to develop/enhance standardized accounting policies and procedures
- Participation in special projects such as financial systems upgrades, evaluation of new systems and procedures and other ad hoc projects and analytics to support Senior Management
What you’ll need:
- Must have a post-secondary degree in a related field and a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA or CGA)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior accounting role with experience in Healthcare an asset
- Demonstrated experience with financial reporting
- Familiar with accounting software with Workday experience an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Proven skills in leadership and mentoring a core accounting team
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of payroll practices and financial reports
- Self-directed and organized with effective time management skills
Perks & Benefits
- Being part of a growing organization focused on residents and employee engagement
- Amazing residents with rich life stories
- Happy, fulfilled team members working in a culture of caring
Send us your cover letter and resume clearly indicating your wage expectations and don’t forget to tell us about yourself . We want to get to know you — what you’re passionate about, who inspires you and why you’d be an awesome fit for AgeCare?
NOTE: In an effort to further protect our vulnerable residents as well as other employees and volunteers, AgeCare requires all new employees to produce a clear Vulnerable Record Search prior to starting work. This search can be obtained through your local police service.