General Manager Full Time | AgeCare Sunrise Gardens & AgeCare Orchard Manor Brooks, AB
AgeCare — Vibrant Seniors Communities
We’re founded on the belief that all seniors are entitled to a rich quality of life, with the opportunity to live as independently as possible, and we’re looking for the very best to join us. If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, keep reading.
As General Manager, the successful candidate will assume all responsibilities of running a Seniors Care Community, and must be capable of ensuring the highest levels of quality care, hospitality, customer service and employee management. The General Manager will play a key role in creating a positive culture of care and service that will ensure a satisfied and motivated work force.
Top talent, high standards
With 3,100+ employees across Canada, our team includes some of the best in the industry. You'll have the opportunity to apply your full education and experience and rise to your full potential.
A difference you can measure
We’re about improving the lives of those around us and making a difference, every day. You’ll build lasting relationships with team members and residents, learn their unique stories, and many will even feel like family.
Appreciation through and through
We don’t just employ our people — we celebrate them, we support them, and we recognize them for their amazing commitment to providing quality care and service. Your wow moments won’t go unnoticed.
About this General Manager role:
What you’ll do:
- Ensures that the approved budget is managed in accordance with company guidelines and decisions
- Continuously demonstrates a proactive approach to manage spending; being innovative in creating strategies that will reduce costs while not diminishing care or services provided
- Inspires and fosters a collaborative team who understands and promotes AgeCare’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Works closely with both the Regional Director Support Services and Facilities and the Director Communications and Marketing to build and maintain occupancy levels within the Community
- Ensures that all Community resources are utilized effectively and efficiently to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, spiritual and psychosocial well-being of each resident
- Has direct accountability for the oversight of the site inclusive of hospitality, Maintenance, Marketing and Care Operations
- Perform all duties in a manner in which resident and employee safety is the focus
- Report any unsafe activities that may cause harm or injury to a resident
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5 years of management / leadership experience
- University Degree in Business Administration or Hospitality Management an asset
- 5+ years of experience in managing operations and facilities
- Strong ability to manage diversity of work force; resolve any conflict issues, and maintain a harmonious working environment
- Strong ability to manage diversity of work force and ability in conflict resolution
- Demonstrated innovation and problem solving skills
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of computers (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Perks & Benefits
- Job variety, no two days will be the same
- Amazing residents with rich life stories
- Being part of a growing organization focused on residents and employee engagement
Send us your cover letter and resume and don’t forget to tell us about yourself, and what your salary expectations are. We want to get to know you — what you’re passionate about, who inspires you and why you’d be an awesome fit for AgeCare?
We want to hear from you if you are a talented and motivated individual and embrace our guiding principles of:
- Trust: We act with integrity and fairness
- Respect: We treat everyone with dignity and kindness
- Quality: We relentlessly pursue excellence in care and service
- Teamwork: We uplift each other with positive energy and support
NOTE: In an effort to further protect our vulnerable residents as well as other employees and volunteers, AgeCare requires all new employees to produce a clear Vulnerable Sector Search prior to starting work. This search can be obtained through your local police service.