Housekeeping Supervisor full time (1.00 FTE) | AgeCare Seton SE Calgary, AB
AgeCare — Vibrant Seniors Communities
We’re founded on the belief that all seniors are entitled to a rich quality of life, with the opportunity to live as independently as possible, and we’re looking for the very best to join us. If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, keep reading.
This full time position has day shifts (7AM to 3PM) with one evening shift per week on a rotation schedule including alternating weekends.
Top talent, high standards
With 2,400+ employees across Canada, our team includes some of the best in the industry. You’ll help support and empower our teams with innovative ideas and efficient service.
A difference you can measure
We’re about improving the lives of those around us and making a difference, every day. You’ll build lasting relationships with team members in support of our residents.
Appreciation through and through
We don’t just employ our people — we celebrate them, we support them, and we recognize them for their amazing commitment all year long. Your wow moments won’t go unnoticed.
About this full time position:
What you’ll do:
- Conducts rounds and inspects areas to ensure proper cleaning, makes on the spot corrections, and acts as liaison between Housekeeping Services and residents
- Performs all assigned cleaning duties and acts as a positive productive role model for team members
- Maintains equipment by following proper operating, cleaning and storage instructions
- Responsible for monitoring inventory of resident supplies, public area supplies and replenishment of position specific supplies (e.g. toilet paper, cleaning products, hand towels, hand soap etc.)
- Monitors for proper use of supplies, cleaning chemicals and housekeeping equipment
- Uses duty check list daily and keeps written records of activities
- Utilizes procedures as trained in compliance with IP&C, WHMIS, Workplace Health & Safety
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma is preferred
- Must be fluent in English, both orally and in writing
- Minimum of one-year leadership experience, ideally in a long term care facility
- Three or more years housekeeping experience in a Healthcare or similar setting
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with residents, families and other employees
- Must have a positive attitude, be empathetic and motivated
Perks & Benefits
- A work location in the residential community of Seton
- Amazing residents with rich life stories
- Being part of a growing organization focused on residents and employee engagement
Send us your cover letter and resume clearly indicating your wage expectations and don’t forget to tell us about yourself . We want to get to know you — what you’re passionate about, who inspires you and why you’d be an awesome fit for AgeCare?
NOTE: In an effort to further protect our vulnerable residents as well as other employees and volunteers, AgeCare requires all new employees to produce a clear Vulnerable Record Search prior to starting work. This search can be obtained through your local police service.