The Housekeeping Aide is primarily responsible for assigned cleaning duties in accordance with established work schedules, policies and procedures.
• Completes routine cleaning duties as assigned including, but not limited to, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, and disinfecting of resident suites, restrooms, showers, nursing stations, lounges, offices and other areas as assigned
• Dusts, cleans and polishes furniture, cabinets, lamps/light fixtures, wall vents, handrails, baseboards, blinds etc. in resident suites, public areas and offices as assigned
• Cleans windows and spot washes walls per routine task checklist
• Removes & disposes of trash from suites, public areas and offices
• Completes duty check list on a daily basis; answers all housekeeping pages
• Maintains equipment by following proper operating instructions, proper cleaning instructions and storing safely
• Maintains appropriate inventory of resident supplies, public area supplies and replenishment of position specific supplies (e.g. toilet paper, cleaning products, hand towels, hand soap etc.)
• Utilizes procedures as trained in compliance with IP&C, WHMIS, Workplace Health & Safety
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. & have WHMIS training
• Must be fluent in English, both orally and in writing
• Experience with industrial vacuum, scrubber, floor polisher, etc. is preferred
• Consistently demonstrates AgeCare values and is empathetic and motivated
• Must be flexible and adapt easily to changes in schedule & work assignments
If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, come join us!