This position is the primary point of contact for both the Community Leadership Teams and staff, requiring HR support and advice for all Human Resource programs and operational inquires. As a generalist, success in this position is the ability to represent and align the operational HR needs with the corporate objectives. This is achieved through building and developing strong relationships and core competencies in change management through coaching and advocacy.
• Support change management through coaching and advocacy for an assigned portfolio
• Provide effective issue resolution with the engagement of expert internal resources as required
• Create leadership capacity as a human resource educator and advisor to management and staff
• Manage risk by assessing workforce metrics and trends
• Support and mentor site management and staff in employee engagement programs, HR policy and operational standards, employee and labor relations, workforce planning, and HR administration.
• Minimum 3 years experience in a well rounded HR generalist role
• Experience working with offsite management and staff preferred
• Experience in Long Term Care / Assisted Living an asset
• Labour Relations (union) experience preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of employment and related legislation
• Diploma or Certificate in Human Resources or other relevant program preferred
• Vulnerable Sector Check
• Valid driver license for regular travel within BC
Bi-monthly travel will be required to Salmon Arm.