Maintenance Technician Regular full time (1.00 FTE) | AgeCare Seton SE Calgary, AB
AgeCare — Vibrant Seniors Communities
We’re founded on the belief that all seniors are entitled to a rich quality of life, with the opportunity to live as independently as possible, and we’re looking for the very best to join us. If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, keep reading.
Top talent, high standards
With 3,100+ employees across Canada, our team includes some of the best in the industry. You’ll work alongside kind and caring people who will inspire you to put your best foot forward.
A difference you can measure
We’re about improving the lives of those around us and making a difference, every day. You’ll build lasting relationships with team members and residents, learn their unique stories, and many will even feel like family.
Appreciation through and through
We don’t just employ our people — we celebrate them, we support them, and we recognize them for their amazing commitment all year long. Your wow moments won’t go unnoticed.
About this full time Maintenance Position:
What you’ll do:
- Assist in allowing Seniors to live a rich rewarding life by performing routine repairs and maintenance to the facility in a pleasant and caring manner
- Ensure that the building is in good repair by performing dry wall repair, minor carpentry and painting
- Allow the residents, guests and visitors to feel safe by performing snow, ice removal and pest control as needed
- Improve the curb appeal and enjoyment of the grounds by performing gardening, landscaping and outside building maintenance
- Coordinate and/or perform routine and minor repair of all building and equipment including drywall repair, carpentry, painting etc.
What you’ll need:
- 3 years or more of previous painting and building maintenance experience
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. & have WHMIS training
- Excellent English language both orally and in writing
- Ability to work in an environment with competing priorities and limited supervision
- A Class 5 Power Engineer ticket or trade related ticket/certificate HVAC Electrician
- HVAC/refrigeration experience preferred
- Computer capable, word, excel, strong ability to learn a new program
- Good working knowledge of computers (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Perks & Benefits
- Happy, fulfilled team members working in a culture of caring
- Amazing residents with rich life stories
- Affordable meals prepared daily in our community kitchen
Send us your cover letter and resume and don’t forget to tell us about yourself, and PLEASE include your wage expectations. We want to get to know you — what you’re passionate about, and why this weekend positions is an awesome fit for you.
NOTE: In an effort to further protect our vulnerable residents as well as other employees and volunteers, AgeCare requires all new employees to produce a clear Vulnerable Record Search prior to starting work. This search can be obtained through your local police service.