The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the administration team meets the expected results in areas relating to resident and company financial accountabilities, employees’ scheduling, and general office and residents’ administration services. This role acts as an assistant to the General Manager for operational/budgetary requirements and is the first point of contact for Director of Care, Hospitality team and Corporate office when the General Manager is temporarily absent or unavailable.
• Manages administration positions through recruitment, promotion, transfer, performance management, training/development and daily supervision/delegation of work
• Collaborates with, assists and acts on behalf of the General Manager when required
• Plans, organizes and streamlines general office processes in order to ensure efficient and smooth daily operations
• Performs all office and resident accounting functions which include but are not limited to: resident billing/account reconciliations, site office accounting and reconciliations, accounts payable/receivable; preparation of tax letters for residents
• Responsible for overall site bi-weekly payroll, related data entry and timesheet/schedule reconciliations
• Coordinates and organizes admissions and discharges included all related paperwork
• Ensures WCB Claims are properly documented and forwarded to WCB in cooperation with HR Advisor; works with HR Advisor and management to identify modified duties, and also early and safe return to work of WCB injured employees
• Office Administration Diploma
• 3+ years of experience in an administrative capacity in a full scope office environment, combined with leadership/supervisory responsibilities, preferably within unionized environment
• Mature, cooperative, compassionate and caring nature
• Ability to handle sensitive situations that require empathy, tact and confidentiality
• Proficient with Point Click Care or other related software program; Microsoft Office Suite, AP/AR
If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, come join us!