Office Manager Burnaby, BC
The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the administration team meets the expected results in areas relating to resident and company financial accountabilities, employees’ scheduling, and general office and residents’ administration services. This role acts as an assistant to the Administrator for operational/budgetary requirements and is the first point of contact for Care, Hospitality and the Corporate office when the Administrator is temporarily absent or unavailable.
Top talent, high standards
With 3,100+ employees across Canada, our team includes some of the best in the industry. You’ll work alongside kind and caring people who will inspire you to put your best foot forward.
A difference you can measure
We’re about improving the lives of those around us and making a difference, every day. You’ll build lasting relationships with team members and residents, learn their unique stories, and many will even feel like family.
Appreciation through and through
We don’t just employ our people — we celebrate them, we support them, and we recognize them for their amazing commitment all year long. Your wow moments won’t go unnoticed.
About this Office Manager position:
What you’ll do:
- Manages administration positions through recruitment, promotion, transfer, performance management, training/development and daily supervision/delegation of work
- Collaborates with, assists and acts on behalf of the General Manager when required
- Plans, organizes and streamlines general office processes in order to ensure efficient and smooth daily operations
- Performs all office and resident accounting functions which include but are not limited to: resident billing/account reconciliations, site office accounting and reconciliations, accounts payable/receivable; preparation of tax letters for residents
- Coordinates and organizes resident admissions and discharges included all related paperwork
- Responsible for verification of site time and attendance, related data entry and timesheet/schedule reconciliations
- Ensures WCB Claims are properly documented and forwarded to WCB in cooperation with HR Advisor; works with HR Advisor and management to identify modified duties, and also early and safe return to work of WCB injured employees
- Primary contact on all matters related to employee information and processes from hiring through to end of employment
What you’ll need:
- Office Administration Diploma or recognized related experience
- 3+ years of experience in an administrative capacity in a full scope office environment, combined with leadership/supervisory responsibilities, preferably within unionized environment
- Mature, cooperative, compassionate and caring nature
- Ability to handle sensitive situations that require empathy, tact and confidentiality
- Proficient with Point Click Care or other related software program; Microsoft Office Suite, AP/AR
Perks & Benefits
- Happy, fulfilled team members working in a culture of caring
- Amazing residents with rich life stories
- Affordable meals prepared daily in our community kitchen
Send us your cover letter and resume and don’t forget to tell us about yourself, and PLEASE include your wage expectations. We want to get to know you — what you’re passionate about, and why this position is an awesome fit for you.
NOTE: In an effort to further protect our vulnerable residents as well as other employees and volunteers, AgeCare requires all new employees to produce a clear Vulnerable Record Search prior to starting work. This search can be obtained through your local police service.