Reporting to the Recreation Therapy Manager, the Recreation Therapy Assistant assists in the planning, implementation, evaluation and daily operations of therapeutic recreation programs. The Recreation Therapy Assistant promotes teamwork and a culture that demonstrates the guiding principles of AgeCare; Trust, Respect, Teamwork, Quality and encourages practices that respect resident, family and staff rights, individuality and diversity.
• As resident needs or wants change, ensure revisions of goals are communicated to the appropriate person(s)
• Ensure recreational programming is carried out appropriately to meet individual needs
• • Assist in the monthly Recreation Calendar planning
• Involved in scheduling, implementation, evaluation of Recreation Therapy programs
• Approach residents to request their participation in programs as per care plan. Ensure resident assigned to programs are indeed participating and document same
• Participate in environmental safety audits
• Maintain regular inventory of storage rooms
• 1-2 years minimum Recreation Therapy experience in a long-term care enrollment working with seniors with physical and cognitive impairments
If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, come join us!