Adult Day Program
Enriching the lives of seniors living at home
We all benefit greatly from staying active, being intellectually stimulated and socially connected. The Adult Day Support Program at AgeCare Columbia Retirement Community provides health, social and recreational support for seniors and needed respite for caregivers.
The Adult Day Program at AgeCare Columbia is managed by VON (Victorian Order of Nurses). This is a funded program so you must be an Alberta Health Services Care client in order to attend this funded Adult Day Program.
For more information on how you can join the Adult Day Program, please call VON Southern Alberta at 403-529-1222.
The Adult Day Program provides 6 hours a day of:
- Warm welcoming fun environment supported by trained care staff
- Enjoying the company of others with similar interests and health care needs
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Recreation programming
- Activities and excersise program to improve health
- Basic personal care
- Monitoring of blood pressure and weight
- Assistance with medication
- Family caregiver respite, support and information