At AgeCare, our mission is to empower residents to live their lives to the fullest by prioritizing their health and well-being. We firmly believe that we are working in our residents’ homes, and we dedicate ourselves to providing a comfortable and person-centered environment. Working in long-term care is more than just a job; it is a calling for many of us.
The Business Manager is responsible for the efficient management and operation of the Long Term Care Centre business office including human resources management, payroll, accounts payables and receivables, resident business files and admission processes. They must ensure the department is operated in compliance with the Long Term Care Act and other regulations affecting the efficient operation of the business department.
What You Will Do:
- Preparing resident billings on a monthly basis;
- Preparing and submitting payroll for processing;
- Recording and tracking census and reflecting changes on billings;
- Benefits administration;
- Administers and maintains financial records including banking, petty cash, resident trust, etc.
- Manages outstanding accounts;
- Performing month end reconciliation;
- Promoting AgeCare’s mission, values and vision;
- As an integral member of the site leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety;
- General reception duties.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience in office routines, including payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable systems. Must have good knowledge of computer skills.
- Knowledge with respect to the needs of long term care residents and families is an asset;
- Successful completion of a financial management or bookkeeping diploma or certificate including satisfactory typing skills.
Glen Oaks Long Term Care Residence
2140 Baronwood Dr, Oakville, Ontario. L6M 4V6