At AgeCare, our mission is to empower residents to live their lives to the fullest by prioritizing their health and well-being. We firmly believe that we are working in our residents’ homes, and we dedicate ourselves to providing a comfortable and person-centered environment. Working in long-term care is more than just a job; it is a calling for many of us.
As a Cook at AgeCare, you will be responsible for preparing high-quality meals to meet the nutritional needs of the residents and guests, while consistently maintaining the relevant health, hygiene, and safety standards. As an employee of AgeCare you can enjoy growing your career and be a part of a dedicated team that positively impacts the lives of the residents.
What You Will Do:
- Strive to exceed residents’ expectations with all aspects of food preparation and presentation as listed on the weekly menu including therapeutic diets, menu alternatives and special events.
- Maintain appropriate food temperature and monitor risk, quality, quantity and portion sizes.
- Assist in the menu planning, follow recipes and provide input on resident satisfaction and feedback to the department manager.
- Assist with ordering food from approved vendors and maintain inventory.
- Operate, sanitize, and maintain food preparation equipment and work areas.
What You Will Need:
- Experience in a volume food preparation environment and special diets in the health care or hospitality industry.
- Certificate in the trade as Cook or a diploma or certificate in Chef Training, Culinary Management or Institutional Cook from a recognized Apprenticeship Program or College.
- Current Food Handlers Safety Awareness Certificate.
AgeCare Brant LTC
1182 Northshore Blvd. E. Burlington, ON. L7S 1C5