At AgeCare, our mission is to empower residents to live their lives to the fullest by prioritizing their health and well-being. We firmly believe that we are working in our residents’ homes, and we dedicate ourselves to providing a comfortable and person-centered environment. Working in long-term care is more than just a job; it is a calling for many of us.
As a Dietary Aide in long-term care, you will be responsible for assisting in the preparation and serving of meals to the residents and guests including catering services, while consistently maintaining the relevant health, hygiene, and safety standards.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare meals and distribute snack plates to residents according to their individual diet menus/preferences and ensure resident satisfaction with meal service.
- Adhere to the Menu and Therapeutic extensions to ensure that portion control is maintained by using appropriate utensils as per the guidelines provided.
- Receive, store, and manage the inventory of resident food and food service supplies.
- Ensure compliance with safe food handling practices and public health requirements.
- Knowledge of infection control techniques, perform daily deep cleaning and sanitizing of dishes, utensils and equipment used for resident meal preparation, delivery and service.
What You Will Need:
- Secondary School education or equivalent
- Certification or proof of participation in a Food Service Worker Program approved by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
- Current Food Handlers Safety Awareness certification.
Ballycliffe Long Term Care and Retirement Residence
70 Station Street, Ajax, Ontario L1S 1R9