At AgeCare, our mission is to empower residents to live their lives to the fullest by prioritizing their health and well-being. We firmly believe that we are working in our residents’ homes, and we dedicate ourselves to providing a comfortable and person-centered environment. Working in long term care is more than just a job; it is a calling for many of us.
The Food and Nutrition Manager in a Long Term Care Residence will oversee the management and organization of the Food and Nutrition department, to provide high quality food and nutritional services to the residence with emphasis on the individual needs of the residents.
What You Will Do:
- Participation in Resident Care Conferences with other members of the leadership team and support resident and family council in chairing the Food Committee;
- Completing Resident Nutritional Assessments; including quarterly assessments, MDS, including RAPs where implemented, QI’s and follow up documentation and intervention as needed, on residents identified at moderate and low nutritional risk.;
- Manages, implements, communicates and supports residents and/or families in the involvement and participation in determining appropriate nutritional care needs;
- Visits residents during meal times to monitor resident acceptability of food;
- Monitors all procedures for resident meal service to ensure the required standards are maintained;
- Implements and maintains the activities of the Quality Improvement audit schedule;
- Reports directly to the Administrator on all aspects concerning the operation of the dietary department;
- Works in collaboration with the residence’s Registered Dietitian;
- Accountable for the compliance with approved operational budget for the Food and Nutrition department, including staff budget and deployment of staff to meet the needs of the residents;
- Coordinate the purchase of food, supplies and equipment required, conducts monthly food inventory;
- Follow the monthly accounting calendar and submit all required information in a timely manner;
- Complete Payroll;
- Develops annual goals and objectives for the Food and Nutrition department;
- Responsible for hiring of departmental staff, plans and implements orientation, staff training and in-service education to staff according to needs of the home and regulatory body standards;
- Ensure that optimal safety standards are maintained by all Food and Nutrition department employees;
- Monitor and evaluate employee performance. This includes the completion of annual Performance Appraisals, Staff Appreciation and/or Progressive discipline measures where required.
What You Will Bring:
- Diploma in Food and Nutrition Management from a recognized program;
- Must be an active Member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management or a Registered Dietitian;
- Current provincial Safe Food Handling Certificate;
- Previous professional experience in a health care setting an asset;
- Proficient Computer skills;
- Knowledge in clinical documentation;
- Demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Solid knowledge of basic therapeutic nutrition as it relates to the needs of the Long-Term Care population;
- Time Management skills with ability to prioritize and multitask;
- Must be flexible and willing to respond to the needs of others;
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Age Care London Long Term Care Residence
2000 Blackwater Rd London, ON N5X 4K6