At AgeCare, our mission is to empower residents to live their lives to the fullest by prioritizing their health and well-being. We firmly believe that we are working in our residents’ homes, and we dedicate ourselves to providing a comfortable and person-centered environment. Working in long term care is more than just a job; it is a calling for many of us.
As a Maintenance Aide you will be responsible for performing a variety of maintenance duties related to electrical, heating, mechanical, plumbing systems and building equipment. As an employee of AgeCare, you can enjoy growing your career and be a part of a dedicated team that positively impacts the lives of the residents.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure that work areas are clean and safe, and walkways are free of snow, ice, and debris.
- Complete all routine fire and other preventative inspections on a scheduled basis and ensure appropriate record keeping.
- Abide by the occupational health and safety policies and observe all fire, safety, and health regulations and is alert for the safety of residents, staff, and public.
- Repair faulty equipment affecting resident care (i.e., beds, chairs, taps, toilets and unstop taps/drains based on complexity of operations)
- Repair damaged walls, painting of resident rooms and common area space
- Assist in the repair and/or maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment (i.e., pressure vessels, pumps, fans, electrical motors, steam boilers, etc.)
- In collaboration with the Maintenance Manager, complete all routine inspections of lighting and change bulbs as required.
- May be required to perform minor carpentry projects and perform other duties as required.
What You Will Need:
- Secondary school education with some related supplemental technical training
- Previous similar experience in a related capacity
- Understanding and working knowledge of WHMIS
- Valid provincial driver’s license
- Ability to perform required physical duties which may include bending, kneeling, reaching, standing for extended periods of time, climbing ladders, lifting, and carrying boxes, tools, and equipment.
AgeCare Glen Oaks
2140 Baronwood Drive, Oakville, Ontario L6M 4V6