At AgeCare, our mission is to empower residents to live their lives to the fullest by prioritizing their health and well-being. We firmly believe that we are working in our residents’ homes, and we dedicate ourselves to providing a comfortable and person-centered environment. Working in long term care is more than just a job; it is a calling for many of us.
As a Nursing Unit Clerk, you will be responsible for effectively coordinating the daily staffing needs and managing the routine clerical requirements of the Nursing Department. As an employee of AgeCare, you can enjoy growing your career and be a part of a dedicated team that positively impacts the lives of the residents.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure daily hours reflect the budgeted hours, and report discrepancies to the management while obtaining authorization for any overtime work.
- Summarize the daily payroll hours on the Employee Attendance Sheets and submit verified attendance sheets to management for payroll processing.
- Replace staff on a daily “Call in” basis and update staffing changes on the nursing time sheet.
- Maintain attendance/absenteeism reports and communicate any recurrent absenteeism to the management.
- Nursing clerical duties which may include maintaining nursing employee files, preparing resident admission or discharge charts, scheduling of resident care conference, photocopying and filing of nursing related documents, and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Assistance with nursing supply management and distribution as required.
- Perform other nursing clerical related duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Secondary school diploma and related post-secondary training in the Medical Office/Assistant
- Previous related work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability to work every other weekend is an asset.
- Reliable source of transportation is required, public transit is limited to this location.
380 Church Street, Markham, ON L6B 1E1