At AgeCare, our mission is to empower residents to live their lives to the fullest by prioritizing their health and well-being. We firmly believe that we are working in our residents’ homes, and we dedicate ourselves to providing a comfortable and person-centered environment. Working in long-term care is more than just a job; it is a calling for many of us.
As a Recreation Team Member, you will facilitate planned and spontaneous opportunities that will enable residents to maintain or develop their skills and knowledge and foster engagement in pursuits that promotes wellbeing, purpose, creativity, a sense of lifelong learning and fun!
What You Will Do:
- Build relationships to learn about the unique interests and needs of each resident
- Develop, plan and lead recreation and leisure activities, spanning all dimensions of wellness, ensuring these opportunities are matched to resident abilities
- Provide leadership and support to all team members to promote opportunities for meaningful resident engagement
- Foster partnerships with families and within the community to enhance resident engagement opportunities
- Complete assessments and all required documentation and participate in quality improvement processes
What You Will Need:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation or other related field, or current enrollment in one of these programs with an expected graduation date within the next three years
- A passion for working with seniors and a desire to improve their lives through meaningful engagement
- Excellent communication, organization and computer skills
- Provincial certification for safe food handling
- Related experience, preferably in Long Term Care
- Current First Aid Certificate will be an asset.
AgeCare Brant LTC
1182 Northshore Blvd E. Burlington, ON. L7S 1C5