At AgeCare, our mission is to empower residents to live their lives to the fullest by prioritizing their health and well-being. We firmly believe that we are working in our residents’ homes, and we dedicate ourselves to providing a comfortable and person-centered environment. Working in long-term care is more than just a job; it is a calling for many of us.
The Restorative Aide provides assistance to the physiotherapist in carrying out a broad range of interventions which maximize the resident’s potential for independence, improved mobility, transferability and pain relief.
What You Will Do:
- Implement and maintain individual and group programs as developed by the Nursing Restorative Care Co-ordinator, including ambulation, restorative exercise, and pain relief;
- To assist the resident with an exercise program, and able to administer an exercise program;
- Encouraging resident participation in programs;
- Identify inadequacies of resident in Activities of Daily Living and together with the Occupational therapist organize activities to promote progress;
- Providing residents with a safe and comfortable environment by remaining aware of risk management issues that could compromise safety or incur liability;
- Maintaining excellent documentation systems.
What You Will Need:
- A sound knowledge and background in Long Term Care focusing on a working knowledge of rehabilitation, physiotherapy and gerontology. A sound knowledge of the Long Term Care Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and any other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation that influence the operation of a nursing home;
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate and Restorative Care Certificate;
- The ability to develop, implement, and evaluate diversified programs and services to meet the physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of all residents.
Villa Forum Long Term Care Residence
175 Forum Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4Z 4E5