At AgeCare, our mission is to empower residents to live their lives to the fullest by prioritizing their health and well-being. We firmly believe that we are working in our residents’ homes, and we dedicate ourselves to providing a comfortable and person-centered environment. Working in long term care is more than just a job; it is a calling for many of us.
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) in a Long-Term Care Residence provides professional nursing care to residents and as required will supervise the activities and provide direction to Personal Support Workers as defined by the College of Nurses Standard of Practice.
What Is In It For You:
- Respected profession with career progression opportunities within AgeCare.
- Directly interact and provide services to residents.
- Support the assessment and implementation of individualized resident care plans.
- Provide guidance to Personal Support Workers for our resident’s needs.
- Being part of a devoted team within the largest provider of seniors housing in Canada
What You Will Need:
- Possess a certificate from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and be a member in good standing.
- Experience with administration of medication, completion of treatments and resident teaching related to care needs.
- Ability to collaborate with physicians, registered nurses and other members of the health care team.
- Knowledge of the appropriate sections of the Health Disciplines Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Pharmacy Act, Food and Drugs Act (Canada), Narcotic Control Act (Canada)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, challenging, physically demanding, and emotional environment while supporting residents.
- AgeCare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff, and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
AgeCare Brant LTC
1182 Northshore Blvd. E. , Burlington Ontario L7S 1C5
Part-Time & Full-Time