At AgeCare, our mission is to empower residents to live their lives to the fullest by prioritizing their health and well-being. We firmly believe that we are working in our residents’ homes, and we dedicate ourselves to providing a comfortable and person-centered environment. Working in long-term care is more than just a job; it is a calling for many of us.
As a member of the Long Term Care Centre’s senior staff, the Social Worker will act as support to residents and their families including but not limited to, coordination of resident admissions in conjunction with the Director of Care, registered staff and office manager, orientation to the facility, interpretation and follow-through of resident and family needs, referral of resident and/or family intervention as required.
What You Will Do:
- Providing support to residents and families;
- Conducting tours and interviews with potential clients;
- Facilitating admissions;
- Coordinating and maintaining a good relationship with outside agencies;
- Organizing and attending interdisciplinary conferences;
- Participating in and chairing relevant committees;
- Participating in CQI activities, accreditation committee.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in Social Service work or other related field.
- A certificate or degree in Social Service Work or a related field;
- Must be registered with the Ontario College of Social Service Workers;
- Must possess specialized knowledge in gerontology or any field related to seniors;
- Experience in a long-term care setting would be preferable.
Gibson Long Term Care Residence
1925 Steeles Avenue East, North York, Ontario M2H 2H3