Dear Residents and Families,
We remain committed to providing updates to our residents, families, and staff at AgeCare. As such, we are providing weekly updates to keep you all informed on what is happening at our community and organization-wide.
- Information and announcements – this week, we are sharing what we can all do to ensure safe visits within our communities.
- Recreation calendar as the need to stay active, intellectually stimulated, and socially connected never ends.
- A weekly shout-out to celebrate the great work and activities happening at our community.
These updates are sent Friday each week. We hope that you find them helpful. Thank you all for your continued support.
A Guide to Safe Visits
With the support of residents, families and staff, visits continue to go well as we all work together to follow the Ministry of Health’s order on Essential Visits in Long-Term Care and Assisted Living Homes.
Our efforts to keep our communities free of COVID-19 remain as strong as ever. We know that through these collective efforts and adherence to the guidelines, we are doing all we can to protect our residents from the spread of the virus. Especially if we continue to physically distance, continually wear masks, and wash our hands often. It’s a message we cannot say enough.
10 Steps to Ensure a Safe Outdoor Visit
Today we would like to share some guidelines that were developed to ensure that these visits are as safe as they can be.
- Residents will be able to visit with one designated family member or friend.
- To ensure that each resident has the opportunity to enjoy an outdoor essential social visit with their loved one and we can ensure that we have the staffing in place to support, visits will be limited to 1 visit per resident for 30 minutes.
- To sign-up for an essential outdoor visit, contact our Social Worker, Julie at 604-527-3314.
- There are 10 outdoor visit spaces available each week. These will occur WEEKDAYS between 10:00 and 11:00 am and or 1:30 pm.
- Visits are to occur in our designated outdoor space only.
- Go directly to and from the designated outdoor meeting space, do not wander the hall.
- Wear a mask continuously for your entire visit, including to and from the outdoor meeting space.
- If practicing safe physical touch, wear a mask, and follow hand hygiene before and after.
- Maintain physical-distancing except when practicing safe physical touch.
- Self-check for symptoms throughout the visit.
- You may also wish to sign up for one of our virtual visits with the resident.
- To sign-up for a virtual visit or window visit, contact our Recreation Manager, Jessica at 604-527-3328.
As August marks the sixth month of the pandemic in BC, we wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your support and patience as we have endeavored to balance the health & safety of our residents and staff alongside our mission to provide the best quality of life experience for our residents with the support of families.
We are happy to share that our recreation calendar is back, and many of our regular recreational activities in the community have resumed. Residents can participate in a variety of engaging activities that enrich the mind, body, and spirit while maintaining appropriate physical distancing.
Julie has been fantastic in connecting families and residents for visitations since July. She as a wonderful sense of humor and builds strong connections with our residents.