Dear Residents and Families,
As we move into a different stage of the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to providing updates to our residents, families, and staff at AgeCare Midnapore. As such, we will be providing weekly updates to keep you all informed on what is happening at our community and organization-wide. Please be aware we will no longer be calling families weekly with updates. If you would like an update on your loved one, please call the nurse or Resident Care Manager for information.
Weekly updates will include:
- Timely information and announcements – this week we are covering the re-opening of our hair salon.
- Recreation highlights, as the need to stay active, intellectually stimulated, and socially connected never ends – even during these unprecedented times.
- A weekly shout-out to celebrate the great work and activities happening at our community.
These updates will be sent by Friday each week. We hope that you find these weekly updates helpful. Thank you all for your continued support.
Barb Clark Nasir Alibhai
Director of Care General Manager
Hair Salon Re-Opening
On May 25, 2020, the Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) advised that Hair Salons, including those in continuing care communities, can re-open.
As such, LM Hair Design officially re-opened on June 4th. For the safety of all residents and staff, salon services are by appointment only and walk-ins are not permitted.
Salon hours are as follows:
- Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm
To book an appointment, please contact Lorna, Salon Manager at 403-873-2616 or email@example.com.
As per the order from the CMOH, payment for salon services must be ‘contactless’ so cash is not accepted. Your payment options are credit or debit card.
For the safety of all residents, staff and salon staff, several protocols are in place at LM Hair Design to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at AgeCare Midnapore.
Please know, some circumstances such as outbreak status may disrupt service offerings or cancel them entirely. In the event of a confirmed COVID-19 outbreak at AgeCare Midnapore, the salon will be re-closed until further notice.
What LM Hair Design is Doing
- All salon staff are required to undergo a health screening, including a temperature check before each shift, and each time they enter the building.
- LM Hair Design has a maximum capacity of 4 people, including staff, residents and essential visitors.
- Appointment times are staggered to allow time for sanitization between residents and to ensure maximum capacity is not exceeded and no line-ups occur.
- The doors to the salon remain closed at all times to limit foot traffic.
- The salon has implemented enhanced cleaning procedures including but not limited to, regularly cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces (e.g., door handles, railings, chairs, customer counters, payment devices, washrooms, workstations).
- Only equipment that can be thoroughly cleaned, disinfected or disposed of between clients is used.
- Salon staff remain in the service setting for the duration of the service and service only 1 resident at a time.
- Salon staff keep a daily record of all appointments, including the resident name, time, and any person who accompanied them, if applicable.
- Salon staff do not work in more than one facility on any given day and remain off-site and off work, abiding by all required timelines, should they experience COVID-19 symptoms or any other illness.
- LM Hair Design will remain compliant with the CMOH orders, industry guidance and will follow all requirements and guidance with respect to services, including but not limited to frequent hand washing, continuous use of masks, enhanced cleaning procedures and other IPC guidance and occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements.
What Residents Can Expect at Their Appointment
- Residents either be escorted by a staff member to their appointment or come on their own. Salon staff are unable to escort residents from their neighbourhood.
- Residents should arrive on time for their appointment, no sooner, to ensure a line does not form outside the salon, and allow time for sanitizing between clients.
- Upon arrival, residents will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands, and again before they exit the salon.
- Residents and salon staff will wear a mask during their appointment, which will be provided at the salon.
- Salon staff are required to wear a mask while providing services. We are encouraging residents to wear a mast during their appointment but this is not mandatory.
- While in the salon, all residents should adhere to the 2-meter physical-distancing protocols.
- All non-essential items, such as magazines, will be put away to allow for easy cleaning and sanitization of the salon.
- Only 1 resident will be serviced at a time by salon staff.
- Contactless payment options, including credit or debit card, will be available as cash will not be accepted.
- If a resident is on isolation/ill, they will not be charged a cancellation fee.
As we move into this new phase of the pandemic, we thank you for your continued support and for observing measures that help keep those who live and work in our community safe.
If you have any questions regarding the salon re-opening or the safety protocols for salon staff and residents, please contact Lorna, Salon Manager at 403-873-2616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The need to stay active, intellectually stimulated, and socially connected never ends – even during these unprecedented times. Our recreation team is working hard to create engaging activities to enrich the mind, body and spirit, while ensuring residents can maintain appropriate physical distancing.
To keep you informed, we will provide a weekly recreation update with highlights of the week.
Recreation Highlights of the Week
We are so lucky to have Tracy at reception. She is responsible for directing deliveries, assisting visitors, answering questions, and sharing information. Most recently, she was the quarterly and annual winner of the Living Our Values Quality Award. She is amazing at juggling all these tasks while keeping a smile on her face. We are grateful to have her on our team!!