“Summer is a promissory
note signed in June,
its long days spent and
gone before you know it,
and due to be repaid
~ Hal Borland
We recognize how difficult it may be for both our residents and families during this time of uncertainty. As COVID continues to develop we continue to follow the recommendations by Alberta Health Services. At AgeCare Midnapore, the safety and well being of our residents is a priority. Our team is working hard to maintain recreation activities and programs by:
- Small Group Programs: we will continue with very small group programming (max 4 residents at 2meters apart) to play physical games such as exercise, word games, and engage in social activities such as discussions, current events, etc. We are specifically choosing games that limit residents from touching objects, supplies that cannot be sanitized, or supplies can be thrown out after single use. We will be running programs in different neighbourhoods at 2:15 each day. Please read your calendar to find your neighbourhood!
- Providing 1:1 Visits – Providing 1:1 visits for a game of crib, to play some music or simply to chat.
- Connecting residents with their families—Outdoor Visits or Virtual Visits. We can help you talk to your loved ones via Facetime, skype, emails/letters or phone calls. We are also facilitating outdoor visits for 30mins. Please note that due to the high volume of requests we are receiving, we are currently providing one outdoor visit or one virtual visit per resident per week. If you wish to connect with your loved one by any of the above methods, please contact recreation at 403-873-2612
- As the weather begins to warm up—please utilize the courtyard! We hope to be taking residents outside for 1:1 visits or small group programs to enjoy the sunshine and get some fresh air.
Outdoor Visits – These in-person visits must be booked in advance and are scheduled during the week between 10:15 am and 3:45 pm. We are adjusting our schedules to be set days of the week, to minimize movement of staff within the building (as per our outbreak protocols) and to ensure we have adequate staff in place to support these visits:
Monday – Chaparral
Tuesday – Somerset & Sundance
Wednesday – Evergreen
Thursday – Shawnessy
Friday – Bridlewood & Heritage Pointe
Please be advised, we have limited spaces available and you may not get a outdoor booking each week. Our outdoor schedule will be condensing now that recreation staff will be running programs in the neighbourhoods.
Our Guidelines for In-Person, Outdoor Visits:
- Outdoor in-person visits are limited to 3 adults, 18 years or older, including the resident(s).
- Completion of a Visitor Acknowledgement
- Appropriate physical distancing of 2-meters.
- Guests must bring a mask to wear
- Visits will only occur outside. Entry into the building, including our indoor enclosed courtyards, remains limited to only one visitor attending to a resident who is dying.
- Residents who are currently in isolation are not permitted to visit outside. We encourage you to continue to meet with them through one of our virtual visits.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding at this time. We want to reassure you that our priority at Midnapore is the well-being of our residents. To connect with your loved one, or if you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact myself or reception.
Download the full recreation calendar of events and programs here: June (Modified) 2020
For any questions or if you would like to sign your loved one up for something special – contact Tori White (Recreation Manager), email@example.com or stop in to Recreation and speak to a member of the team.