People usually avoid changes and prefer to stay in their comfort zones, but I am a true believer that once you get the courage and take the first step to change, your life will become much better.
Below are just a few benefits of change:
- Personal Growth: You grow and learn new things every time something changes. You discover new insights about different aspects of your life. You learn lessons even from changes that did not lead you to where you wanted to be.
- Flexibility: Frequent changes make you easily adapt to new situations, new environments, and new people. As a result you do not freak out when something unexpectedly shifts.
- Improvements: We all have things in our lives we’d like to improve—finances, health, house, etc. All of us know that nothing will improve by itself. We need to do things differently to make that happen. Without change, there’d be no improvements.
- Life values: From time to time changes make you re-evaluate your life and look at certain things from a different perspective. Depending on what the change is, it may also reinforce your life values.
- The Snowball Effect: Often we give up because we cannot accomplish the difficult task of making a huge and immediate change. That is when small changes become extremely valuable. One shift at a time, small changes will eventually lead you to the desired big one.
- Strength: Not all changes lead you to pleasant periods of life. Unfortunately we do not live in fairy tale and sad things happen, too. Overcoming the tough period will make you stronger.
- Progress: Changes trigger progress. Things move forward and develop because of them.
- Opportunities: One never knows what each change may bring. When you turn from your usual path there will be plenty of different opportunities waiting for you. Changes will bring new choices for happiness and fulfillment.
- New Beginnings: Each change is a turning page. It is about closing one chapter and opening another one. Changes bring new beginnings and excitement to life.
- Routine: Remember the movie Stranger than Fiction? The main character Harold Crick does the same things in exactly same time for years. He leads a completely dull, extremely predictable, and uninteresting life. That is how your life would be without changes.
So next time you get the temptation to avoid or resist the change, aim instead to initiate the ones that will lead you to where you want be. And remember—if there were no change, there would be no butterflies!
Harmony Court Estate Newsletter + Recreation Calendars
Harmony Court Estate August 2014 Newsletter (PDF)
Harmony Court Estate August 2014 Calendar (PDF)