AgeCare / News & Events / January 2017 Newsletter & Calendar – AgeCare Glenmore
Happy New Year and Welcome to 2017! As January is a month where people make New Year’s Resolutions, why not make it your resolution to participate in something new in your leisure life. How about volunteering at our Centre! If you have never done that before and want to try making a difference in our seniors lives we would love to have you here. We want our residents to feel at home in their new community and you can help us do that. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Heather Wilson-Rousseau, our Volunteer Coordinator, at (403) 640-8742. We are always looking for extra people for outings and in house programs.
- January 5th at 10:30 – Casino Outing
- January 12th at 2:30 – Boyd Nicols Entertainment
- January 19th at 2:30 – The good timers
- January 25th at 2:00 – Memorial Service
- January 26th at 2:30 – Craig and Angie West
- We are looking to start up a new AgeCare Glenmore Resident Hockey team in 2017. Look for details to come in February where we may even compete against other AgeCare sites!
- Link-Ages will resume the third Monday in January, 2017. This senior & student program reciprocates sharing and has a positive outcome for all.
- Thank you to all the volunteers and families who came to help out during the Christmas and Holiday Season!
- A special thank you to the Westside Singers and Louise Riel School choir and hand bells for bringing joy to our community.
- Thank you to the Santa Secret Service organization as well as The Magic of Christmas for their amazing generosity.
- Thank you to the Pomegranate Judaic Needlework Guild for some “Twiddle Muffs.” They are so creative and will really help our restless residents.
- Thank you to our staff in so many ways: Maintenance for a great tree, kitchen staff for all the great treats, and for all staff who entertained our residents by sharing your fun and talents at the Staff Christmas Concert.
Download the Beverly Centre Glenmore Events Calendars & Newsletter: