Did You Know—about Coffee Break? Coffee Break is the Alzheimer Society’s major nationwide annual fundraiser where friends, co-workers and customers gather in communities across Canada to raise funds for local Alzheimer Societies. Participants at these events make a donation in exchange for a cup of coffee.
Alzheimer Coffee Break
We will be serving a variety of tarts, so please invite your family & friends and help support a worthy cause.
- When: Wednesday,September 24, 2014
- Time: 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Where: Columbia Retirement Community, 785 Columbia Blvd. W, Lethbridge, AB T1K 4T8
Fun Activity Ideas for Alzheimer Patients
- Read out loud; read daily newspaper
- Bake cookies
- Look up names in the phone book
- Listen to polka music; play favourite songs and sing them together; dance
- Plant seeds in or outdoors
- Look at family photographs
- Toss a ball
- Colour pictures
- Wipe off the table
- Fold clothes; fold towels
- Have a calm pet visit
- Say “Tell me more” when they talk
- Take a walk
- Have afternoon tea
- Remember great inventions
- Make a family tree
- Water houseplants
- Give a manicure
- Bring flowers
- Work on simple puzzles
Alzheimer Caregiver Support Group—Lethbridge & Area
- When: 3rd Tuesday of each month Time: 7—9 p.m.
- Where: Fritz Sick Memorial Centre, Room B, 500—11 Street South
- Contact: Vedna McGill: 403 329-3766.
Download the Newsletter & Activity Calendar
Columbia Newsletter September 2014 (PDF)
Columbia Calendar September 2014 (PDF)